Banana Bread Breakfast Pudding ~ Gluten Free Grain Free Paleo
I often blog about my breakfast. I can’t help it. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. The foods are simple, the coffee is hot, and I am still in that warm half asleep state. It is my time to relax first thing in the morning before I switch over to my always on the go super busy life. I have been eating this meal everyday for about a month. It is so simple I did not think to share it with you guys, until now. After eating it everyday for a month and smiling every morning over this hot bowl of banana breakfast pudding (aka paleo oatmeal) I decided this recipe was long over due for sharing.
I usually eat it as a bananas and creme flavored breakfast treat. A few days a go I tinkered with the original recipe and came up with a slightly fancier banana bread flavor I thought you all may enjoy. I know I will be switching back and forth between the two flavors until I come up with a new favorite breakfast creation.
This simple pudding can be eaten cold if you are in a hurry but is better enjoyed warm. It is super easy to make and can be enjoyed with or without added sweeteners. Bonus, it is top 8 allergen free as well. I hope you share this around to others who may benefit from a bowl of joy for breakfast.
- ¼ cup coconut flour (I used Tropical Traditions)
- 1 ripe banana mashed (I squeeze it until it is mushy felling and then peel)
- 1¼ cups water (you may need more or less depending on coconut flour brand)
- 2 packs Stevia (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Start with your whole banana. Don't peel it yet. You will want to lightly squeeze and roll your banana until it feels nice and squishy. Then peel it right into your bowl. I find this the easiest way to mash a banana with no mess.
- Add your coconut flour, water, and vanilla. The water measurement is approximate. Some days I add only a cup, some days I add up to 1 and a half cups. Coconut flour is funny with its absorbency powers.
- Add in stevia if you prefer a sweeter breakfast. The sweetness of the banana and vanilla is enough if you can not have sweetener or just don't prefer it.
- For banana bread flavor add in the pumpkin pie spice. I prefer this most days as a bananas and creme flavor and omit the spice. Either way it is fantastic.
- Stir it all together well.
- Microwave for two to three minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.