Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter PB2 Protein Cake
I love Pb2 and found it on sale at our local Big Lots of all places. I had never tried the chocolate flavor and found this to be the perfect opportunity to to grab a jar. I usually mix Pb2 and coconut oil to use as a dip for bananas. If you haven’t tried it it is divine.
I know the combination of chocolate, peanut butter and bananas is a popular one so I tried my fave snack with the chocolate PB2. I found the chocolate PB2 to be less peanut buter flavored and not as chocolatey as I thought it would be.
I knew I needed to use it up as I hate to waste ingredients. I started out attempting brownies, but ended up with an amazing protein packed chocolate peanut butter cake. I have tried protein cakes before and not cared for them as they were gritty, chalky, dry or wierdly flavored. This has all of the protein of a whole jar of PB2 and all of the flavor of rich chocolate peanut butter. The chocolate flavor really blossoms when more PB2 is used.
This recipe only has 1/4 cup of sugar in the whole thing. I still found it to be quite sweet for me and am sure the sugar amount could be decreased to 2 tablespoons if you like very lightly sweet desserts.
Tell me what you think in the comments.
- 1 container chocolate PB2
- 6 to 8 tbsp water
- ¼ cup arrowhead mills or gluten free cafe all purpose gluten free flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp corn free baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix PB2 and water until the thickness of peanut butter.
- You may need more or less water to achieve a good thickness.
- Add in all other ingredients and stir well.
- Pour ingredients into a greased 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Eat and enjoy!