Crockpot BBQ Rotisserie Chicken with Caramelized Onions
Crockpot Cajun Rotisserie Chicken with Caramelized Onions
- 3 or 4 tbsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Cajun Spice
- 1 5 lb chicken
- 3 medium onions
- Remove skin and extra fat from chicken.
- Liberally sprinkle spices all over chicken and pat with fingers to help them stick (rubbing the spices in will just make a wet sticky mess).
- Wrap whole onions in aluminum foil and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Set chicken on top.
- If whole onions are too large for chicken to fit nicely in crock-pot, slice onions in half and re-wrap. Place any remaining onion in cavity of chicken.
- Cover crock-pot in aluminum foil and then put on crock-pot lid.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or until chicken internal temperature is 165 to 175 degrees.
- Chicken will be tender and fall off the bones. To keep chicken intact use lifting tongs or two spatulas to lift carefully from crock pot.
- Unwrap onions.
- Eat and enjoy!