Gluten Free Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
One night recently I asked Alan what would be an interesting flavor for a chicken. We were low on groceries and when he opened the fridge he asked whether salsa would be good. I don’t know why I had never had such a delicious idea. I pulled together a few other things I had on hand and made the easiest tastiest chicken I have ever had come out of my crock pot. This chicken fell off the bones and had an amazing flavor. I thought the leftovers would be great as chicken tacos, but I had an even better idea for the leftovers. I grabbed my clean slow cooker and made this… gluten free easy chicken and sausage gumbo.
- 1 whole chicken sized to fit your crock pot (mine was 5 pounds)
- 1 16 ounce jar Garden Fresh Gourmet Jack's Special Salsa from Costco (Just called Garden Fresh Gourmet at regular grocery stores) or any salsa that contains a bit of sweetness
- ⅓ cup Franks Red Hot hot sauce
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (We used Costco brand)
- Remove skin and excess fat from your chicken.
- Pour salsa, hot sauce, and garlic into crockpot and mix well.
- Add in chicken breast side down.
- Spoon some of the salsa mixture over the chicken.
- Set crockpot to high and cook for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Check for doneness with meat thermometer.
- Reserve leftover liquids and chicken for Easy Gluten Free Chicken and Sausage Gumbo!
- Eat and enjoy.