Gluten Free Asian Sweet and Spicy Whole Crock Pot Chicken
Now that we live in our RV full time I have begun to cook a bit differently. I use my crock pot now more than ever before. I love the ease of crock pot meals and the variety of flavors I can produce with little effort. I love being able to throw a meal together and set it to cook while I go out and enjoy life. I will be posting many of my favorite easy crock pot recipes over the coming weeks.
This recipe was a request from Alan. He wanted an Asian citrus chicken. I happened to have a bottle of Rothschild leftover and some limes from our Holiday Liquor Guide photo shoot. This became the base for a recipe that turned out very well. The flavors were spicy but not overpoweringly so and citrusy sweet as well. This was by far one of my favorite chickens I have made in the last month.
Try it, then let me know how you like it. If you have any gluten free crock pot favorites feel free to leave them in the comments.
- Remove skin, excess fat, and giblets from chicken.
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Cover with baby carrots and sliced onions.
- In a bowl mix together all sauce ingredients.
- Add in pineapple and all juice from can.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Eat and enjoy.