Quinoa Mini Quiches Gluten Free
Who doesn’t like quiche? The combo of eggs and cheese with savory meats and whatever veggies are on hand is delicious! Alan had never eaten a quiche before I tried this recipe out on him. He just about died over these. They are cute and easy to take for lunches being finger food and all. These are very adaptable to what you have on hand in your fridge.
To make the process of chopping up our leftover veggies quicker and easier, we use our Swiss Pull Chop. We like it because it is easy to clean, doesn’t require electricity to run, and lets us have greater control over chopping size without the veggies turning to mush. Plus we just like nifty kitchen gadgets.
Take this recipe and use it as is or customize it to your own tastes. Have fun, experiment, and tell us what you did in the comments section!
- 1½ cups quinoa (cooked)
- 4 eggs(egg whites can be substituted for up to 2 eggs for the calorie conscious)
- ½ cup red bell pepper diced
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup diced ham
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mixety mixety stir stir stir.
- Liberally spray a mini muffin pan (regular muffin pan works too just bake longer) with nonstick cooking spray and spoon mixture into cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges of cups are golden brown ( I love the flavor of the browned edges so I usually let mine get darker than golden).
- Remove from pan after cooling.
- *These freeze well and take only A few seconds in the microwave for a quick snack.